“A show at the US Cellular Coliseum is more than an event, it's an experience.”
Since opening in April 2006, the U.S. Cellular Coliseum has hosted an array of events, including many concerts, family shows, ice shows, motor sports and trade shows. In addition, the U.S Cellular Coliseum has hosted local high school graduation ceremonies, Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals caravans, Illinois High School Association’s regional and state tournaments, as well as a variety of private meetings and wedding receptions.
Why book your event at the US Cellular Coliseum?
1. Bloomington-Normal makes the perfect routing for your next event….
The Twin Cities, made up of Bloomington-Normal are located in the heart of the State of Illinois at the cross roads of Interstate 74 East/West (Moline, IL to Indianapolis, IN) and Interstate 55 North/South (Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO). Bloomington is the County Seat of McLean County, the largest county in Illinois (approximately 762,240 acres). McLean County is the fastest growing county in Illinois and has the lowest unemployment rate in the state.
The Twin Cities are also serviced by four major railroad lines and Amtrak, as well as air transportation at the Central Illinois Regional Airport, one of the fastest growing airports in the country, which services commuter, corporate, and private aircraft.
2. Population / Colleges
The Bloomington-Normal area is a vibrant community, home to 165,298 people.
Bloomington Normal is also home to over 35,000 college students on four campuses in town, including Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan University, Lincoln College – Normal and Heartland Community College. There are also over 186,000 college students within a 2 hour radius.
3. Corporate Partners of the US Cellular Coliseum -
State Farm Insurance, Mitsubishi Motors North America, and Country Financial Insurance are proud to call Bloomington/Normal its home for their corporate headquarters.
Types of Rentals at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum
1. Ticketed Events – The U.S. Cellular Coliseum is a mid-size venue with an intimate feeling for all ticketed events. Sightlines are perfect with all seats in a lower bowl, making every seat in the house a great seat. The arena converts quickly and effortlessly into various seating configurations ranging in capacities from 2,600 to 8,100.
2. Corporate or Religious Events – You don’t need to look any further for a venue that can host your private event. Whether you need a space for 10 people up to 6,500 people, we have the space to accommodate your needs. The U.S. Cellular Coliseum is suited for corporate training sessions, professional development seminars, motivations speakers, religious events, fundraisers, etc.
3. Rehearsal Space – The U.S. Cellular Coliseum can accommodate the need for multi-day rehearsal space for concert tours, production events, etc.
4. Private Catering Events – The U.S. Cellular Coliseum has an in-house caterer with Executive Chef on staff, providing a full service experience for your small or large event. Catering options include casual fare to a more elegant several course meal.
Meeting and banquet spaces inside the U.S. Cellular Coliseum are not your average square banquet room, but are unique spaces inside the venue. These spaces include The Club, Bud Light Lounge, Private Dining Room, Party Suites and Main Coliseum Floor.
For the Catering Menu CLICK HERE
5. Ice Rentals – The U.S. Cellular Coliseum is home to the Bloomington Blaze, Jr. Bloomington Blaze and Illinois State University Redbird hockey teams. Hockey ice is installed and maintained between the months of October and the following April (tentatively, depending on post season play). When the home teams are traveling, or when ice time becomes available, the U.S. Cellular Coliseum generously allows youth hockey organizations and adult hockey leagues the ability to rent ice time. All scheduling of rented ice team to outside organizations is scheduled and organized through our partners at the Pepsi Ice Center. Please contact the Pepsi Ice Center directly for further inquiries. www.pepsicecenter.com
Assistant General Manager, Traci Andracke
Vice President / General Manager, Bart Rogers